Thank you for considering our company to service your two-wheel needs! Below please find our list of commonly asked questions and recommended service and maintenance.
Do I need a license to drive one of those mopeds?
- Any motorized vehicle used in the state of MA will require license or learner’s permit to operate on public roads. First time offenders driving a moped without a license can expect to be fined $50.
Do I need to register it?
- Please take invoice and certificate of origin we provided at the time of sale, schedule appointment at RMV, show license, and pay $40 to register a moped for a moped plate (used to be a sticker).
Do I need to insure it?
- Mopeds are not required to be insured in MA, however we suggest you do, you can obtain a quote from Progressive.com
Do I need to wear a helmet?
- State of Massachusetts requires DOT approved helmet and eye protection to be worn while riding.
Can I travel with a passenger?
- You can have a passenger on the moped, if your moped’s seat is designed for it.
What gasoline does it take?
- We recommend that you always use Super 93
What is the make and model of my scooter?
- Please check your sales invoice for the details, prior to contacting us with questions.
Is my scooter 2-stroke or 4-stroke?
- We mostly, except on a rare occasion, always sell 4-stroke modern engine scooters.
What is the next scheduled maintenance for my scooter?
- All 4-stroke motors require first oil change to be performed at 250 miles.
- All 4-stroke motors require second oil change at 750 miles, along with gear oil change and valve gap adjustment to be performed.
- Subsequent oil changes should be done once per season or every 1,000 miles, whichever is soonest.
How do I prepare my scooter for the winter storage?
- Bring it to the shop to have all liquids drained and the bike winterized.
- Work off all the regular fuel containing ethanol, and add only Ethanol-free fuel, with fuel stabilizer.
Do you provide winter storage?
- Our winter storage season is from November to the end of March.
How can I keep my scooter more secure from theft?
- Always lock the rear tire or center stand to a secure metal object or a tree.
- Consider using an alarmed disc brake lock.
- Consider installing a GPS tracking system.
- Consider keeping the scooter covered and out of sight.
Our contact number: 781-797-0070
Our Address: 687R Belmont Street Belmont, MA 02478
Our Web Address: www.scootermutter.com
Our Hours: 10am-5pm Mon Tue Thur Fri Sat
Bring a friend to buy a scooter from us, receive free first maintenance $75 value!